Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in busy practice.
- Intake on patient-Past medical history, past surgical history, family history
- Cast removal
- Suture removal
- Staple removal
- Set up and assist with minor procedures
- Placement of braces -Upper and lower extremity braces
- Placement of casts, with training.
- Booking all testing-MRI, CT scan, EMG and obtaining auths / referrals for all testing
- Booking of surgical procedures and obtaining auth for procedure
- Filling out any FMLA / Short term disability paperwork for patients
- Stocking of rooms
- Cleaning instruments and running autoclave
- Working buckets in Athena, calling patients back, closing x-rays and faxing office notes to the PCP once completed
- Knowledge of Insurances
- Cover the front desk when needed- this consists of answering the phone and booking appointments, running patients eligibility for insurance, checking patients in and checking patients out
- Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary preferred
- Experience with EMR strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.