About Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
To function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice.
- Take vitals when necessary
- Room placement
- Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc into EMR for physical
- Supply ordering
- Stocking of rooms
- Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
- Requesting and obtaining referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Front desk support - phone triage, appointment scheduling and co-pay collection
- Limited X-ray tech.
- Work at multiple clinic locations
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Some travel is required within the market
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled