About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of an MA. The Medical Assistant ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. Medical Assistants are responsible for ensuring smooth operations in the fast-paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Coordinates with clinic staff to ensure a positive patient flow and waiting room experience
- Assists with front and back office duties
- Prepares patients to be seen by physicians
- Collects vital signs and testing as required by the healthcare provider
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care in an EMR system.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
- Performs diagnostic tests and processes and enters results
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider
- Timely responses to patient inquiries and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Completes documentation of patient interactions
- Maintains cleanliness of clinic areas, exam rooms and medical implements before and after patient use
- Responsible to set up exam rooms and stock with up to date required supplies for patient care
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff, schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and compiling department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- High school Graduate / GED
- Graduate of a medical assistant program
- One year previous of demonstrated customer service experience
- One year previous Physician Office experience preferred.
- Current CPR
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) license highly preferred
- Must have working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Physical Requirements:Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.