Medical Assistant I
The Medical Assistant will work as a member of the clinical team. In this role, they will provide critical support to providers and patients. To be successful in this position, you must enjoy collaborating and being part of a team, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent customer service, deliver outstanding care to the patients, have a positive attitude and willingness to help where needed.
Benefits of working for Steward Medical Group:
- Student loan repayment
- Experience working one on one with Physicians and Advanced Practitioners
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career growth opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive and affordable benefits
- Meet with patient to obtain reason for visit, record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR
- Room patients and take vital signs which include blood pressure, weight, height, etc.
- Order tests and obtain prior authorizations
- Request and obtain referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Advise provider that the patient is ready to be seen
- Coordinate action place with appropriate provider and assist with treatments as needed
- Follow up with patients on test results, doctor’s orders, etc.
- Participate in daily huddle with providers and office staff
- Orders and maintains clinical supplies, including refrigeration, vaccinations, etc.
- May be asked to do phlebotomy draws and administer vaccinations as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) strongly preferred (athena a plus)
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft, etc.)
- Ability to take initiative and provide high level patient care
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities. A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.