Medical Assistant I
The role of the Medical Assistant I (MA) is to provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of an MA. The MA ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. MA's are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, insuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Set-up room and/or equipment and assists with or performs as directed any special procedure, etc., including EKG procedures/tests.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to appropriate referral laboratory.
- Assist with contacting pharmacies for new or refill prescriptions per physician approval.
- Obtains authorizations to perform tests, procedures or referrals to outside providers.
- Cleans, sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Prepares all charts for next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determine what must be available for the visit. To include retrieving x-rays, lab results, etc.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate supplies/medications to be stocked in exam rooms. Appropriately discards any out of date medications.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared on a daily basis. Uses bleach solution or antimicrobial solution for cleaning as appropriate.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- CPR/FA Certification
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
- Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.