Materials Distribution Clerk
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives all shipments made from various suppliers. Verifies contents of all shipments, matching items received to packing slips. Sends all stamped packing slips to finance.
- Delivers items to ordering departments or stocks the supply shelves in warehouse.
- Receives supply requisitions through email system, in person or via telephone. Fills orders and delivers them to requesting department; or prepares them for pick up.
- Performs physical inventory count of supplies.
- Utlizes Opt-OR System for ASC supplies and inventory. Verifies computer computations against physical count of stock. Investigates and reports reasons for discrepancy errors in computation or count.
- Receives and distributes linens to various departments.
- Maintains stock levels of items and forms in warehouse. Places replenishment orders with purchasing when stock is depleted.
- Maintains warehouse area in clean and organized fashion.
- Must be able to assist facilities department when need arises, including weather-related situations
- Maintain effective working relations and communication with departmental and other Hawthorn Medical personnel.
- Includes working in Mail Room when needed.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations including night, evening and weekend hours as they become necessary.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Previous related experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Must have strong organizational skills; self motivated; strong problem solving skills; the ability to exercise independent judgment based upon established policies, protocol, or practice. Ability to write routine correspondence and complete forms. Ability to clearly communicate with staff at all levels of the organization.