Marketing Support Initiatives:
- Maintain real-time media list contacts and database management for distribution of information including press releases, media alerts, ads, and healthcare articles
- Physician list management for service line promotion and mailings
- Maintenance of online shared drives, marketing and community benefit content, photo library, media clippings
- Manage the production and inventory of physician profiles, service line brochures, patient education materials, flyers for special events and information sessions, posters and signs for the hospital and off site locations.
- Manage continuous collateral fulfillment at the facility and off site locations
- Provide creative services, production and distribution of bi-weekly employee, “Here and Now.” (under supervision of Director of Marketing)
- Provide creative services for the medical center’s community outreach screenings and events
- Manage the Centers Digital, Signage and TV.
- Coordinate marketing collateral and giveaways for physician, community outreach, patients.
- Manage outside vendor relationships to coordinate best price options and production of materials
- Monitor website email daily and follow-up or distribute to the appropriate department.
- Upload and maintain all events, classes, and information sessions according to schedule
- Provides marketing support for coordination and communication of marketing events, information sessions, and support groups including the coordination of resources and partners to participate where appropriate.
- Ensures all resources and content to promote medical service lines are appropriate for the audience
- Adheres to Steward brand guidelines on all content, signage, material
- Summarizes event success, opportunities for improvement, costs, and recommendations to business partners and stakeholders for future event planning
- Monitor BSPC daily and route to the appropriate recipient.
- Focus on any media inquiries or marketing communication urgencies
- Manage Accounts Payable process (request/tracking/management) for all invoices, check/vendor requests
- Proactively forecast, manage, monitor budget and monthly expenses/variance reports, with explanations and adjustments to finance as needed to stay within budget allocation guidelines.
- Maintenance of marketing/service line content in waiting rooms and other key areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or Marketing preferred
- Or Associate’s degree in a related field required and/or equivalent in experience working in related role within marketing or hospital functions
- 1-3 years of professional experience in marketing or related field
- Healthcare or hospital experience preferred
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote
- Experience with Adobe and marketing design tools preferred
- Experience with digital marketing and social media preferred
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to prioritize and to multitask in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects simultaneously while adhering to required timelines
- Use of judgement to bring awareness and escalation early to leadership if projects or deadlines are at risk and to propose contingency plan and alternate solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills with an eye towards establishing best practices and process improvement
- Ability to perform data analysis to present information in a clear format, i.e. Excel pivot tables, PowerPoint presentations, program briefs, and reports
- Professional verbal and written communication skills to all audience levels
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment, demonstrate flexibility to meet business needs,
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service and relationship building abilities
- Instill a high degree of confidence in stakeholder and business partners within the hospital and externally with partners and vendors
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.