Manager, Revenue Management
Posted Date: 7/28/2020
This position is responsible for providing leadership and subject matter expertise relative to forecasting, calculating and capturing all net revenue contractually owed by the payers.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to identifying net revenue contractually owed.
- Experience with a contract management tool to manage contract inventories and simply the reimbursement process by calculating expected payments.
- Experience interpreting managed and commercial payer contract language, state/federal payer regulations and how it relates to pricing claims.
- Understand the process to identify, research and resolve over/under payments.
- Manage the daily operations the revenue integrity unit including productivity, quality, hours-worked, development needs and other aspects of employee/team performance.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
- Identify and work with the director to resolve problems with CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan.
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelors preferred.
- 4 years minimum experience in hospital billing with specific payer(s) subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams or groups of colleagues.
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required.
- Specific XClaim and/or Meditech experience a plus.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask.