Manager, Physician Contracting
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Assist Senior Director, Operations with drafting physician agreements and LOI’s for all Regions, which includes follow up with Directors for clarification on PARF’s and obtaining any outstanding information needed to complete agreement
- Ensure required agreement approvals are in place - approved BP, approved PARF, etc.
- Assist with ensuring all agreements are fully executed, processed and returned to the SMG Directors to send to providers
- Assist with running and distributing weekly agreements reports for HR and OnBoarding
- Coordinating with OnBoarding/Human Resources Department to ensure that they are aware of all providers in the agreement process that require onboarding
- Provide coverage, as needed, for Senior Director which would include coordination with legal regarding agreement redlines, revisions and more complicated agreement requests
- Review and revise agreements drafted by department Coordinators
Physician Compensation and New Hire Memos:
- Research and resolve Physician payroll issues
- Review all new hire memos and change notices drafted by Coordinators to ensure salary, FTE, accrual codes, title for administrative roles, etc. are correct before being submitted for entry into payroll
- Review all signed agreements and amendments to ensure they are being tracked and processed accordingly (i.e. salary changes, bonuses, etc.)
- Work with Human Resources on the creation of new accrual codes and new job titles as needed for new administrative roles
- Ensure all retro payments from payroll are added to Salesforce and submitted to finance to be added to cash flow for payment
- Draft and update department process documents and provide training, as needed
- Review and revise Salesforce bonus entry for all regions to confirm pay date accuracy
- Run Salesforce bonus report each week and submit bonus templates to finance in a timely manner and ensure all information submitted (i.e. Kronos ID, cost center, bonus amount, etc.) is accurate, as well as track in Salesforce when payments are submitted to finance
- Submit payments through OnBase as needed (i.e. student loan payments, invoices, etc.)
- Ensure new physicians receive the Outside Activity form via email within 30-45 days after their start date, and work with the SMG Directors to obtain any information necessary to submit for approval
- Other projects, as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience: 5-7 years of related healthcare experience.
- Software/Hardware: Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff.
- The ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in a highly fluid environment.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.