The SMG Regional Pharmacy Manager is responsible for overseeing the clinical programs of the pharmacy department. This position will utilize Steward Health Care resources to provide safe and effective clinical pharmacy programs in Steward Medical Group practices. This position will assure all legal, regulatory, and accrediting requirements are maintained at the best demonstrated practice and assure clinical pharmacy services and activities are carried out to meet goals and standards of Steward Health Care.
The Regional Pharmacy Manager will serve as an active member of the management team providing leadership for clinical programs, formulary management, cost containment programs, and improved pharmacoeconomic outcomes; build and enhance professional relationships with pharmacy staff, other healthcare providers, and management; communicate effectively with pharmacy staff; and maintain a professional presence throughout the hospital.
- Assists in meeting or exceeding all Accreditation Bodies (TJC, DNV, CMS, BOP) standards related to pharmacy
- Participates in the development and maintenance of information systems and other technology applications within the Infusion Pharmacy
- Use Econotherapeutic best practices in formulary and cost control
- Use Steward Health Care applications to analyze data and manage clinical initiatives
- Facilitate the identification, resolution, implementation and communication of cost-effective drug use issues in collaboration with the medical staff
- Document activities in accordance with Clinical Monthly Report requirements
- Design, implement, maintain clinical pharmacy quality activities
- Design, implement, and maintain medication safety program activities
- Achieve acceptable scores on clinical assessments/audits (PPA, Accreditation, BOP, etc.)
- Assist with the management of staff pharmacists, students and interns
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of pharmacists
- Contributes to and conducts orientation for new hires within 60 days
- Develop and implement a clinical training and competency program for pharmacists and maintain records of those completed competencies
- Assure approval of MUE criteria, perform MUE, and report results in committee meetings
- Coordinate vendor activity to support formulary decisions
- Assists with leading departmental meetings, in-services, and quality improvement programs
- Maintains all required training and education per department requirements
- Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs
- Train and educate pharmacy staff to provide pharmaceutical care and any new or important new clinical pharmacy concepts
- Publish educational materials directed at hospital health care professionals
- Direct and coordinate clinical clerkship programs for pharmacy and other health care professional trainees
- Assists in maintaining Automated Dispensing Machine databases according to assigned template.
SECONDARY POSITION ROLES:
- Maintains safety-integrity-professionalism of pharmacy at all times
- Provide in-services to staff
- Conducts periodic staff meetings
- Perform special projects as requested
- Perform as Staff Pharmacist as needed
- Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean. Is conscientious in regard to personal hygiene.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity. Assures confidentiality of patient records.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Assists in the resolution of problems or concerns while being a supportive team member.
- Consistently strives to promote great customer service in all aspects of the job.
- Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent – PharmD preferred
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in state(s) and maintains all required CE and other state required certification(s); Board of Pharmacy Specialties Certification preferred
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.