Manager, Patient Experience
Patient Experience Managers act as an internal consultant and resource to SMG physician practices with a goal of driving performance excellence in patient experience. Reporting to the Director of Patient Experience, the Patient Experience Manager serves as a facilitator and change agent for continuous cultural and patient experience performance improvement by providing practice based real time observation and feedback, patient experience education, patient survey analytics and patient comments, secret shopper initiatives, patient complaint resolution and service recovery and general patient experience support for the employed physician practices. Using patient survey data and analytics the Patient Experience Manager will identify opportunities for improvement, implement improvement initiatives and measure success using concrete patient survey data.
- Assess performance in relation to SMG values and patient experience standards; recommend new approaches, policies, workflows and procedures to effect continuous improvement;
- Assists in the determination of goals and priorities with team, physician practices, or project management sponsors;
- Schedule regular practice level observations and check-ins, attend regular manager meetings, POD meetings and relevant work group sessions.
- Assist in the onboarding and orientation of PEP Champions.
- Present the Patient Experience Overview at NEO and NPO.
- Manage improvement action plans, coordinates team/project activities and schedules, and provide leadership and mentorship to ensure robust and sustainable implementation, meeting all required timelines;
- Lead and facilitate improvement within physician practices that will drive or have a direct impact on performance improvements and enhancing patient satisfaction;
- Work collaboratively to solve problems, minimize barriers and reduce resistance to change
- Assist leadership in identifying key improvements that will provide the optimum benefit in enhancing quality and patient satisfaction;
- Develop effective communication methods with assigned practices, SMG team members and leadership;
- Collaborate across functional departments to manage and implement changes/enhancements;
- Identifies and facilities the collection and analyzing of quantitative and qualitative data and identifies key findings;
- Present relevant presentations to varies stakeholders across the markets;
- Participates in the development and management of the department, including training, mentoring,recruiting, other departmental activities.
- Travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (or equivalent combination of education and experience), Masters degree a preferred.
- Five to seven years experience working with physician practices in a quality capacity.
- Understanding of the health care delivery setting. Experience with diverse populations a plus. Lean or Six Sigma training a plus.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers and practice staff in an engaging and professional manner;
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate data resulting in actionable recommendations;
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing spreadsheets, graphs and other presentation materials;
- Proven administrative and coaching ability in complex environments;
- Demonstrated performance in project management, process improvement and project implementation;
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must have strong problem solving ability;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and demanding workloads
- Knowledge of managed care principles and physician practice;
- Must be able to work in a team environment, with good communication skills, supportive attitude and the ability to provide mentorship when appropriate
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.