Manager, HIM Shared Service - All Divisions
- Direct management of HIM Shared Service professionals and outsourced operations.
- Responsible for clinical record analysis functions including a 96% accuracy rate.
- Responsible to develop and report clinical record analysis productivity standards monthly.
- Direct management of daily unbilled management reporting. Reporting shall occur 7 days per week. Sunday -Thursday, Tuesday – Saturday. 4 Hour Sat/Sun Unbilled Coverage.
- HIM vendor oversight and management of Cancer Registry, Record Storage, and Release of Information.
- Maintain open communication with hospital leadership team. Compliant to HIPAA guidelines.
- Promote a culture of collaboration between hospital leadership and shared service professionals.
- Coordinate workflow improvements with HIM Operations Management.
- Present monthly status and goal report to Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Maintain Discharged, but Not Final Billed goals set by Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Ensure SHC policies related to HIM, Revenue Cycle, and Compliance are implemented and monitored.
- Responsible for medical record processing (validation) to be completed within 24 hours of discharge.
- Responsible for implementation of concurrent scanning and/or concurrent image capture within electronic medical record.
- Ensure HIM regulatory compliance with TJC and DNV.
- Implement HIM related projects at the direction of the Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Responsible for scanned image audit and all batch error management within 24 hours.
- Responsible for all clinical reporting to outside covered entities and providers.
- Oversight of HIM medical record quality program.
- Support hospital based departments such as Quality, Risk Management, and Case Management with respect to HIM related data capture or workflow enhancements.
- Assist HIM Manager of Standardization with data collection necessary to improve day to day workflow and cost reduction.
- Work with other SHC senior leaders as needed.
- Assists HIM Leadership team with development and implementation of health information management policies.
- Supports and facilitates clinical, administrative, and external data use functions.
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect health information management.
- Develop outreach program for clinical reporting distributions.
- Responsive to senior management during off hours and/or weekends.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Prefer Master’s degree in health information management or a related field.
- Experience 10 years progressive HIM Management experience within an Acute Care Hospital setting. Extensive experience with Revenue Cycle operations including acute care coding.
- Certification/Licensure: RHIA or RHIT
- Software/Hardware: Cerner experience required
- Other: Required to work out of Steward Health Care office located in Richardson, Texas.
Travel: Expected travel is up to 25%.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8403