Manager, HIM Operations - Central
Posted Date: 7/2/2019
Direct management oversight of Central Division HIM operations within the hospital.
- Establish day to day Health Information Management functions for hospital based HIM Supervisors.
- Assume interim HIM Supervisor duties until permanent replacement is hired and trained.
- Oversight of the HIM Provider Compliance Coordinator based out of Shared Service Center.
- Maintain open communication with hospital leadership team. Compliant to HIPAA guidelines.
- Regular site visits to Central Division hospitals and key clinical departments.
- Complete a site summary report after each visit documenting department meetings, training covered, workflow changes, etc.
- Oversight of outsource relationship with HIM Technicians and Release of Information.
- Promote a culture of collaboration between hospital leadership and shared service professionals.
- Coordinate workflow improvements between hospital clinical departments as it relates to HIM functions.
- Coordinate workflow improvements with HIM Shared Service operations.
- Present monthly status and goal report to Executive Director, Health Information Management and Division CFO.
- Maintain Discharged, but Not Final Billed goals set by Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Ensure hospital suspension process is in compliant with SHC Record of Care policy and Hospital Rules and Regulations. Ensure that daily communication processes are effective with providers.
- Ensure SHC policies related to HIM, Revenue Cycle, and Compliance are implemented and monitored.
- Ensure state reporting is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for medical record processing to be completed within 24 hours of discharge.
- Responsible for implementation of concurrent scanning and/or concurrent image capture within electronic medical record.
- Shall participate in Joint Commission surveys and/or support ongoing accreditation activities.
- Oversight of Birth Certificate process if applicable to Health Information Management department.
- Implement HIM related projects at the direction of the Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Support hospital based departments such as Quality, Risk Management, and Case Management with respect to HIM related data capture or workflow enhancements.
- Assist HIM Manager of Standardization with data collection necessary to improve day to day workflow and cost reduction.
- Routine audits of the medical record and release of information activities to ensure data integrity.
- Assist HIM Shared Service Manager with initiatives to further centralize health information management duties.
- Work with other SHC senior leaders as needed.
- Assists HIM Leadership team with development and implementation of health information management policies.
- Supports and facilitates clinical, administrative, and external data use functions.
Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect health information management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Prefer Master’s degree in health information management or a related field.
- Experience 10 years progressive HIM Management experience within an Acute Care Hospital setting. Extensive experience with Revenue Cycle operations including acute care coding.
- Certification/Licensure: RHIA or RHIT
- Software/Hardware: Meditech experience required
- Other: Required to work out of Steward Health Care office located in Richardson, Texas.
Travel: Expected travel is up to 75%.