Manager, Financial Planning & Budget
- Partner with Accounting, Revenue Cycle, Operations, and other various business units to appropriately close the books during month-end close.
- Work with FP&A team to provide a narrative that will effectively communicate financial results and future impact to SMG.
- Closely monitor the financials of the region to ensure accurate reporting.
- Direct oversight of Physician compensation including but not limited to, bonus accruals, contract interpretation, bonus payments and approvals, and payroll reconciliations.
- Act as a key liaison between Operations team and Senior Leadership to identify and track key initiatives to improve bottom line.
- Key finance business partner for all Regional financial analysis and ad-hoc reporting. Own the regional budget, which includes managing budget calendar, tracking against deadlines, reporting on year-over-year changes/drivers.
- Identify and outline areas of opportunity to drive process improvement and efficiency.
- Build and maintain dynamic excel models that will be used in financial reporting and ad-hoc analyses.
- Build relationships with leaders of other business units within the organization (i.e. Accounting, Revenue Cycle, Payroll, HR, Operations, M&A).
- The FP&A Manager should take a hands-on approach to their team’s development as well as career development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial reporting systems; Axiom experience is a plus; experience with BI tools preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in financial planning & analysis, accounting, investment banking, consulting, and/or corporate finance.
- 2+ years of people management experience; experience in a lead function.
- Previous Healthcare experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Strong financial and business modeling skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and business acumen.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Employee mentoring and career development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; relationship building skills.
- Excellent project and time management abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure within short time constraints and in a complex high growth organization.
- Ability to pivot and successfully adapt in a constantly changing environment.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.