Steward's eICU Program connects its hospitals through innovative technology to provide a level of exceptional patient focused care. The eICU technology allows for ICU patient monitoring throughout the Steward system from a remote location. The eICU program provides assistance in the care of ICU patients in the Steward system and operates 24 hours per day.
This position is responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the day-to-day administrative functions of the Steward eICU Program in collaboration with the Executive Assistant to include: eICU schedule creation, office planning, staff on-boarding, calendar management for leadership, management of the provider credentialing process, state licensing, office protocol, establishing standards for office operations and procedures, equipment and supply ordering, accounts payable and other duties as needed.
- Manage the daily operations of the Steward eICU Program and provide support to eICU team.
- Manage the credentialing and state licensing process for all eICU providers. Facilitates timely coordination with the Credentialing Verification Organization (CVO) to ensure prompt processing of Primary Source Verification, further ensuring overall processing timeframes are met. Maintains credentialing status for communication with external departments and helps ensure providers credentials are maintained.
- Coordinates with providers or other sources as necessary on follow-up items needed to complete and maintain their credentialed status.
- Responsible for maintenance of updating Credentialing database and departmental tracking logs to reflect Credentialing statuses and provider (RN, MD) licensing status.
- Assists team to ensure appropriate eICU staffing coverage at all times.
- Participates in staff hiring process as necessary and coordinates scheduling.
- Maintain on-going participation in cross-training administrative staff. Collaborate self-scheduling with administrative staff ensuring eICU coverage five days per week.
- Actively engage in addressing special projects as they arise.
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding development of process improvements and/or standardization practices. Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Manages clerical staff and health care assistants.
- Responsible for payroll/timekeeping for eICU staff.
Years of Experience:
3 - 5 years administrative experience, within a credentialing/recredentialing environment
Work Related Experience:
Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, manage multiple priorities, and pay meticulous attention to detail.
Excellent organizational skills, proven project management expertise; Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to quickly establish a trusting rapport with individuals at all levels.
Requisite poise, judgment, and trustworthiness to represent SHC to internal and external groups.
Maintains information in a confidential manner according to policy.