Manager, Clinical Documentation Improvement
The Clinical Documentation Improvement Manager, North shall oversee all CDI activities within the division. This includes direct reporting and oversight of hospital-based CDI Specialists. The CDI Manager, North Division shall promote consistent and standardized operations across each hospital, as well as, across the three divisions.
- Implement the Steward Health Care CDI productivity standards for each CDI Specialist
- Support hospital CDI education that could include onsite provider training
- Support and implement new CDI technologies designed to improve overall documentation integrity
- Work under the direction of the VP, Health Information Management and North Division Chief Financial Officer
- Support Case Management and Revenue Cycle departments accomplish related organizational goals
- Analyze public reported data and implement changes that will improve documentation
- Effectively manage CDI resources and process outcomes, accountable to performance standards
- Work closely with other CDI Division Management and North Divisional Senior Leadership
- Highly motivated to accomplish division goals
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the MS-DRG and APR-DRG system
- Comprehensive understanding of CCs/MCCs, impact on quality reporting, UHDDS guidelines, HACs and PSIs
- Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: +3 years of Acute Care CDI experience
- Certification/Licensure: Registered Nurse (RN) required
- Software/Hardware: Iodine and 3M experienced preferred
- Other: Remote required to work out Westwood location for meeting and access to MA facilities. Expected travel is 25% (OH & PA) and home office.