Manager, Accounts Payable
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for all AP activity pertaining to Steward Health Care System's hospital and non-hospital entities located in MA, PA, FL, and OH. In addition to the day-to-day AP activity, the individual in this position will have the opportunity to play a key role in the AP process re-designs and operation improvements that Steward is currently undertaking to compliment the growth the company has experienced over the past year. This is the top management position in the AP department with full responsibility for staff management, AP disbursements, policies, procedures, and workflow.
• Identify and address ways to improve existing business models and/or develop new models to support business growth.
• Builds team members to continually sustain a high-quality team. Attract, identify, manage, develop and engage associates in a way that motivates people and encourages elevated level performance while adapting to the demands and nuances of a large-scale company.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects.
• Ensures that appropriate training is developed, offered and conducted to promote the successful and efficient implementation and adoption of the Shared Service model.
• Define and implement process to collect metrics and KPIs for the Accounts Payable business processes
• Communicates the Business Service Center's functions and processes, including training new associates both within and outside of the BSC. Develop required process and training manuals and other job aids.
• Oversee all of the daily functions of the Corporate AP department in servicing Steward's hospital and non-hospital entities located throughout the Northeast and Central regions.
• Performs and oversees day to day AP tasks including:
• Verifying and approving all requisitions, invoices and check requests and setting up payments in system
• Prepares analyses of accounts
• Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and other issues
• Maintains payables for accuracy and in accordance with the Firm's approved spending plan
• Reviews cash requirement reports to ensure all approved invoices are flagged for payment in the appropriate check cycle
• Prepares and performs check runs
• Prepares and processes electronic transfers and payments
• Prepares and transmits bank file needed to monitor checks paid on account
• Decisions exceptions to bank's paid checks monitoring system
• Prepares and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
• Verifies and approves all paid checks and matches to purchase orders, invoices/check requests for accuracy prior to the issuance of payment
• Tracks, reconciles and processes travel expenditure statements
• Reconciles accounts payable transactions
• Assist in monthly closeout activities related to accounts payable
• Maintains vendor files
• Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries
• Produces periodic and monthly reports
• Provides supporting documentation for audits
• Manages, supports and develops staff, coaches to improve performance of subordinates, and holds employees accountable for meeting goals
• Conducts annual performance evaluations on subordinate staff providing specific and detailed feedback on their skills
• Provides continuous training and support to internal and external Firm stakeholders regarding the institution's procurement and accounts payable processes
• Manage the process for generating and issuing year end 1099's.
• Participate in periodic internal and external audits as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Prior experience in a supervisory role within an AP department for a mid-sized or large organization.
• Strong financial controls background.
• Experience working on system projects intended to automate and simplify AP workflow will be given a strong preference.
• Strong communications skills and ability to effectively interact with vendors and internal stakeholders.
• Prior experience with Meditech and/or OnBase strongly preferred. Experience with a large ERP system a must have.
Education: BA/BS in a finance or accounting field.
Experience: 8 + year of AP and/or accounting experience with 5 years of supervisory experience.
Software/Hardware: Meditech, OnBase, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3768