Under the general direction of the Regional Controller, performs a wide variety of general accounting functions in support of the System's hospital and other entities.
• Oversees day to day accounting, reviews and approves periodic balance sheet reconciliations and directs general ledger analysis activities
• Analyzes/reviews, investigates and corrects accounting entries as needed
• Performs/reviews reconciliation of general ledger accounts involving complex transactions
• Supports RC in review of account transactions and appropriate account balances in conjunction with the monthly financial close
• Reviews financial statement analysis as prepared by senior/staff accountants for appropriate activity relative to budget/expectations for assigned entities
• Responds to constituents on details of account transactions/roll forwards
• Supports RC in the preparation for annual financial audit for hospital entities
• Coordinates with Accounts Payable/Materials Management and other financial functions (Patient Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Fixed Asset) as well as Information Systems to resolve issues impacting general ledger
• Identifies and collaborates with both department and system wide constituencies to resolve issues related to interface postings or information flows
• Supports RC with special projects and workflow improvements
• Supervises (Lead) Senior Accountants/Staff Accountants assigned to hospital accounting functions
o Ensures appropriate scheduling, approves time off, approves timecards
o Performs performance evaluations, both in conjunction with the System's annual evaluation process as well as ad hoc throughout the year to provide timely feedback to accountants
o Conducts periodic team meetings with hospital accountants for purposes of timely information flow and feedback, as well as training on current issues impacting the System and its hospitals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Masters (BA) Degree and/or CPA Certification preferred with a minimum of six years' progressive experience and/or training as well as supervisory experience some of which has been in a healthcare environment.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as generally accepted accounting principles, procedure manuals, service contracts and agreements, etc.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER SKILLS:
• Ability to perform basic calculations with respect to analyzing financial results, analyzing budget to actual proportions and results, etc. as well as advanced Excel skills and Word proficiency.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3463