The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for all AP activity pertaining to Steward Health Care System's hospital and non-hospital entities. In addition to the day-to-day AP activity, the individual in this position will have the opportunity to play a key role in the AP process re-designs and operation improvements that Steward is currently undertaking to compliment the growth the company has experienced over the past year. This is a management position in the AP department with full responsibility for staff management, AP disbursements, policies, procedures, and workflow.
* Identify and address ways to improve existing business models and/or develop new models to support business growth.
* Builds team members to continually sustain a high-quality team. Attract, identify, manage, develop and engage associates in a way that motivates people and encourages elevated level performance while adapting to the demands and nuances of a large-scale company.
* Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects.
* Ensures that appropriate training is developed, offered and conducted to promote the successful and efficient implementation and adoption of the Shared Service model.
* Define and implement process to collect metrics and KPIs for the Accounts Payable business processes
* Communicates the Business Service Center's functions and processes, including training new associates both within and outside of the BSC. Develop required process and training manuals and other job aids.
* Oversee all of the daily functions of the Corporate AP department in servicing Steward's hospital and non-hospital entities located throughout the Northeast and Central regions.
* Performs and oversees day to day AP tasks including:
* Verifying and approving all requisitions, invoices and check requests and setting up payments in system
* Prepares analyses of accounts
* Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and other issues
* Maintains payables for accuracy and in accordance with the Firm's approved spending plan
* Reviews cash requirement reports to ensure all approved invoices are flagged for payment in the appropriate check cycle
* Prepares and performs check runs
* Prepares and processes electronic transfers and payments
* Prepares and transmits bank file needed to monitor checks paid on account
* Decisions exceptions to bank's paid checks monitoring system
* Prepares and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
* Verifies and approves all paid checks and matches to purchase orders, invoices/check requests for accuracy prior to the issuance of payment
* Tracks, reconciles and processes travel expenditure statements
* Reconciles accounts payable transactions
* Assist in monthly closeout activities related to accounts payable
* Maintains vendor files
* Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries
* Produces periodic and monthly reports
* Provides supporting documentation for audits
* Manages, supports and develops staff, coaches to improve performance of subordinates, and holds employees accountable for meeting goals
* Conducts annual performance evaluations on subordinate staff providing specific and detailed feedback on their skills
* Provides continuous training and support to internal and external Firm stakeholders regarding the institution's procurement and accounts payable processes
* Manage the process for generating and issuing year end 1099's.
* Participate in periodic internal and external audits as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Prior experience in a supervisory role within an AP department for a mid-sized or large organization.
* Strong financial controls background.
* Experience working on system projects intended to automate and simplify AP workflow will be given a strong preference.
* Strong communications skills and ability to effectively interact with vendors and internal stakeholders.
* Prior experience with Meditech and/or OnBase strongly preferred. Experience with a large ERP system a must have.
Education: BA/BS in a finance or accounting field.
Experience: 8 + year of AP and/or accounting experience with 5 years of supervisory experience.
Software/Hardware: Meditech, OnBase, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53859