LPN - Urgent Care
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a professional, enthusiastic, dedicated LPN to assist our providers in the treatment of patients in our Urgent Care Center. The successful candidate will:
- Provide general nursing care to patients. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observe, record and report patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispense medication as directed. Educate patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greet patients and prepare them for physician examination. Screen patients for appropriation information. Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests. Ability to triage patients appropriately.
- Maintain/review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Respond to/refer patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions and test results as per provider instructions.
- Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff; and to also interact appropriately with patients, families, staff and others.
- Graduate of an accredited program of Nursing.
- Valid registration as an LPN in the State of Massachusetts.
- One to two years’ experience in nursing; Emergency dept. or Urgent Care preferred.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Must be open to rotating weekend/day/evening shifts; rotating holidays