Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 9/1/2023
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is seeking an experienced LPN/LVN for our busy Pediatrics Department.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintain exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observe, record and report patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispense medication as directed. Educate patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greet patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screen patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Ability to triage patients appropriately.
- Maintain/review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Responds to/refers patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions and test results per provider instructions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid registration as an LPN in the State of Massachusetts.
- One to two years experience in medical/surgical nursing and/or area of specialty preferred.
- CPR certified.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medications and their effect on patients. Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques, administration of a variety of treatments and medications as directed. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to establish /maintain a safe work environment. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff. Ability to interact appropriately with patients, families, staff and others. Flexibility to respond to changing demands.
We can offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances as well as tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.