Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a professional, enthusiastic, dedicated LPN to assist our providers in the treatment of patients in our busy Urgent Care Department. The successful candidate will:
- Provide general nursing care to patients. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observe, record and report patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispense medication as directed. Educate patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greet patients and prepare them for physician examination. Screen patients for appropriation information. Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests. Ability to triage patients appropriately.
- Maintain/review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Respond to/refer patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions and test results as per provider instructions.
- Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff; and to also interact appropriately with patients, families, staff and others.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid registration as an LPN in the State of Massachusetts.
- One to two years’ experience in medical/surgical nursing; Emergency dept. or Urgent Care preferred.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.