LPN - Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Working directly with the physicians, as the liaison between the patient and the physicians for establishing and maintaining quality patient care. Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care; assesses the patient and family as appropriate, plans and implements clinical care and facilitates its delivery to patients and family members, evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Intake including vitals, updating medical history and medications, as well as obtaining and processing dipstick urinalysis.
- Assisting with in office procedures such as cystoscopies, prostate ultrasounds/biopsies, and vasectomies using sterile protocol as appropriate.
- Administer medications needed for urological care.
- Maintaining and sterilizing equipment.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate triage response and documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Surgical scheduling and coordinating.
- Coordination of follow-up with the medical doctors and nurse practitioners.
- Entering prescription requests into the electronic medical record for provider approval
Making follow-up phone calls to patients/ family members to provide test results (labs/ radiology, etc.)
- May also be responsible for coordination of care – scheduling follow-up tests and appointments with specialists
- Prior authorizations
- Maintaining office supplies and restocking
- Assisting physician with the completion of forms
- Clearly documents on a consistent basis to provide continuity of patient care and communicates observations to the supervising MD/NP
- Trained and currently certified in basic CPR
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing program required.
- Current Florida LPN license required.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Cardiology experience preferred
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130018