Working directly with the physicians, as the liaison between the patient and the physicians for establishing and maintaining quality patient care. Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care; assesses the patient and family as appropriate, plans and implements clinical care and facilitates its delivery to patients and family members, evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Triages all clinical phone calls to the main office and coordination of follow-up with the medical doctors and nurse practitioners.
- Responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate triage response and documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Entering prescription requests into the electronic medical record for provider approval
Making follow-up phone calls to patients/ family members to provide test results (labs/ radiology, etc.)
- May also be responsible for coordination of care – scheduling follow-up tests and appointments with specialists
- Prior authorizations
- Maintaining office supplies and restocking
- Assisting physician with the completion of forms
May administer non-reconstituted aerosolized medications via nebulizer
- Administers IM vaccines
- Assembles all necessary supplies and equipment for outpatient clinic.
- Monitors and records treatment parameters such as vital signs, weight, height, O2 saturation, etc.
- Clearly documents on a consistent basis to provide continuity of patient care and communicates observations to the supervising MD/NP
- Trained and currently certified in basic CPR
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing program required.
- Current FLorida LPN license required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced medical office preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.