LPN Clinic Office
Providing professional clinical assistance to patients within the GI medicine practice in support of the physicians.
This position is full-time.
Working directly with the physicians, as the liaison between the patient and the physicians for establishing and maintaining quality patient care. Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care: assesses the patient and family as appropriate, plans and implements clinical care and facilitates its delivery to patients and family members, evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement.
- The LPN is responsible for triaging all clinical phone calls to the main office and coordination of follow-up with the medical doctors and nurse practitioners.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate triage response and documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Entering prescription requests into the electronic medical record for provider approval
- Making follow-up phone calls to patients/ family members to provide test results (labs/ radiology, etc.)
- May also be responsible for coordination of care – scheduling follow-up tests and appointments with specialists
- Prior authorizations
- Maintaining office supplies and restocking
- Assisting physician with the completion of forms
- The LPN may administer non-reconstituted aerosolized medications via nebulizer.
- Assembles all necessary supplies and equipment for outpatient clinic.
- Monitors and records treatment parameters such as vital signs, weight, height, O2 saturation, etc.
- Clearly documents on a consistent basis to provide continuity of patient care and communicates observations to the supervising MD/NP
- Trained and currently certified in basic CPR
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing Program required.
- Current PA LPN license required.
- Previous experience preferred.