Licensed Clinical Social Worker
The role of the Social Worker is to assist patients and family members of patients within Steward Medical Group physician practices. The objective of the Social Worker is to identify psychosocial problems that are often overlooked or go unnoticed. The Social Worker is the bridge that connects primary and behavioral health care.
- Assist in the identification, assessment and treatment of mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety.
- Provide case management/care coordination for individuals with chronic and/or complex medical conditions.
- Provide patient navigation, especially for patients moving among different health care levels (inpatient, outpatient, home health or long term care).
- Identify and refer for specialized services, such as drug and alcohol treatment, legal services, finaicial and employment counseling and housing support.
- Provide education and support programming (diabetes education, parenting classes, domestic violence support programs) for individual and groups.
- Assistance with entitlements, medications, transportation and advance directives.
- Assessment and intervention in domestic violence and child abuse situations.
- Counseling on end-of-life issues.
- Outreach and coordination with other community resources and agencies.
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Develop and conduct onsite health-related wellness seminars and training courses for interested employees and family members.
- Community-level advocacy on behalf of patients and families.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with individuals, family members, case managers, treating physicians and community organizations.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to engage individuals and families in helping relationships. Must be able to cope with the pressure of time limitations while respecting the needs of the individual and the requirements of the organization/department.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task.
- Possesses a strong belief in an organizational culture that encourages valuing and best service excellence practices demonstrated through personal behavior and work ethic.
- Ability to travel, valid drivers license, auto liability insurance coverage according to company policy.
- Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers.
- Education: Bachelors degree required;
- Experience: Minimum 5 years experience working within a healthcare environment; experience working in a post-acute care environment strongly preferred. Previous experience as a health coach strongly preferred;
- Certification/Licensure: LCSW required;
- Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite;
- Other: Experience with diverse populations a plus.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.