Lead Application Analyst - 8:00am-5:00pm
SHC Central Division: Information Systems
Bachelor's degree is required.
Lead analyst with advanced skills to implement and support the healthcare Information Systems applications. The role performs a wide variety of duties including but not limited to project management, analysis, design, testing, documentation, training, report writing, and daily user support. The incumbent must have the ability to interpret and develop project plans, functional/operational specifications, flowcharts, and input and output specifications (including file structures and record layouts). This individual will determine and accommodate the impact of various system changes on users, automated or manual, troubleshoot various problems, and respond to user department needs. The Lead Applications Analyst will interact with all level of users throughout the organization to clarify and verify requirements at all stages of analysis, design, and implementation. The Lead Applications Analyst has the authority to change processes and make recommendations that are needed to implement information systems as outlined below. This position reports to the Senior VP, Information Services. The position consults closely with healthcare system staff, software vendor representatives, and Information Services Department staff.
* Serve as a valuable resource in the organization and corporate-wide. An individual to whom experienced analysts turn for assistance and guidance;
* Lead and participate in ad-hoc committees, operational task forces, and recruiting efforts;
* Identify, propose, and lead the implementation of process improvement ideas;
* Volunteer and act as a corporate-wide IS leader or representative on system-wide initiatives;
* Assume a periodic leadership role to enhance team sharing, improve team processes, and improve team communication;
* Provide comprehensive project coordination of Enterprise, Hospital, and Departmental, and IS initiatives;
* Interact closely with key healthcare staff including senior management to identify project scope and key milestones and deliverables;
* Develop project plans utilizing recognized project management methodology including:
o Requirements definition;
o System design;
o System testing/quality assurance;
o Implementation and post LIVE support
* Act as a leader and monitors detailed project work-plan and assures that all tasks are performed in a complete and timely manner;
* Confer with the Project Management Office [PMO] hospital directors and directors involved with new system implementations and system upgrades to assist in finding solutions by reviewing and validating functional specifications, identifying resources, and establishing a team to implement the solution;
* Conduct regular status meeting and reports milestones and progress to IS management and other team members as required;
* Gather data needed to populate system profiles, master files, and dictionaries to design input/output requirements; and
* Prepare documentation, work-flow charts, and diagrams to specify operations to be performed by either programs or manually by personnel within the system.
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPMENT:
* Participate in the identification and resolution of complex application problems and procedures, suggesting and coordinating solutions to identified problems. Activities include:
o Investigation of system issues and concerns from users;
o Discrimination between user error/education vs. system problem;
o Reporting system problems;
o Communication and follow up with system vendor or programmer analyst;
o Able to execute independently or coordinate programming fix with vendor; and
o Responsible for testing or coordination of resulting program fix; and verification of proper system functionality.
* Consult with personnel; analyzes and organizes clinical, financial and administrative work-flow, utilizing flow charts to identify problems or opportunities for system improvement; and
* Conduct systems analysis pertaining to development of new information systems to determine current and projected needs.
* Independently review, analyze, and modify programming systems (including encoding, testing, debugging and installing) to support hospital application systems;
* Proficiently utilize the Hospital Information System programming code to perform the following:
o Intermediate Report Writing;
o Rules Building;
o Database Development; and
o Screen Generators.
* Develops and maintains scripting programs utilizing hospital supported scripting tools.
ISSUE TRACKING AND REPORTING:
* Use software vendor tracking systems to report and monitor resolution of software irregularities and custom programming requests;
* Use internal issue tracking system to monitor and document resolution of system user issues, questions and requests;
* Responsible for routine communication to customers, department heads, and project team members on issues, project status, software enhancements/fixes.
* Develop partnerships with senior department leaders in defining new application requirements, resolving project issues, negotiating deliverables, and developing business strategy;
* Perform as central point of IT contact for a key user or department. Respond to user problems, explain new technologies, and present deliverables;
* Exhibits excellent customer service skills;
* Act as a corporate leader in proactively sharing enterprise-wide critical information with other Steward IS staff;
* Maintain a collaborative working relationship with department leaders;
* Schedule department meetings on the various Steward hospital campuses and at various remote locations providing on-site training, troubleshooting, and consulting;
* Respond to issues, questions, and requests related to information systems on the computer network; assure follow-up and timely resolution;
* Educate customers on industry news; and
* Performs on-call duties as required.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION:
* Develop training material and agendas;
* Conduct core group and end user training classes and/or presentations as required;
* Perform in-house technical training for other IS staff as required; and
* Provide assistance to junior staff on project management techniques.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Operate independently to design, develop, and prepare applications for implementation support phases;
* Competence and efficiency in multiple (including new) application environments;
* Understand, incorporate, and influence (when applicable) the current and future application and technology architectures;
* Lead analyst with advanced skills to implement and support the healthcare Information Systems applications;
* Perform a wide variety of duties including but not limited to project management, analysis, design, testing, documentation, training, report writing, and daily user support;
* Understand changing business needs for supported areas and recommends strategies for the future;
* Build and maintain up-to-date knowledge about company and industry trends and strategy and advises customers on approaches to optimize business success;
* Strong understanding of the customer viewpoint, including operational workflow and business challenges.
* Must demonstrate project management experience:
o Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client server concepts.
o Superior knowledge of MEDITECH technology strategy, direction, products, services, and customers.
o Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
o Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
o Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy and Steward goals.
o Ability to manage a project, its dependencies, team members, other resources, and timeline; and to prioritize and delegate accordingly.
o Ability to facilitate and work within a complex, multi-site environment.
o Must possess strong teaching skills.
o Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
o Approximately 25-30% travel required.
I. Education: Bachelor's Degree in health-related field or Information Systems.
II. Experience (Type & Length): 10 + years of related work experience and/or training.
III. Software/Hardware: Meditech; Microsoft Office Suite and Project, PowerPoint preferred.
IV. Other: 25-30% travel required.
This position is for physician applications. Emphasis in Meditech PDOC/EMR/OM applications; Cerner physician application experience also considered. Applicant can be located in one of three locations: Dedham, MA, Warren, OH/Sharon, PA area, Rockledge/Melbourne/Sebastian River FL area.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100022998