IS Senior Help Desk Analyst
The Senior IS Help Desk Analyst will report to the Manager of the IS Help Desk. Provide advanced technical support to end-users through the department's telephone support line, including software setup, configuration and troubleshooting. Provide second level support for other Steward IS teams as needed.
• Answer and record online calls coming into the 24/7 Help Desk
• Address issues as a second tier and take lead on more difficult issues
• Perform troubleshooting to end users for Steward Health Care and all its entities
• Utilize stored information and documentation to help resolve issues
• Utilize various communication methods including email and instant messaging applications
• Prioritize and escalate problems within given guidelines
• Triage calls to appropriate groups if call cannot be resolved
• Provide daily turnover reports
• Maintain proper shift coverage for answering calls
• Work with groups external to the Help Desk to ensure a timely and effective hand-off of triaged calls
• Participate in an on call rotation
• Act as a liaison between the Help Desk and other teams
• Point person for Help Desk working with the Supervisor helping to address issues
• Provide metrics to leadership about the Help Desk
• Train Help Desk analysts on process and procedures for Help Desk and other processes related to the business
• Identify areas of improvement and work with management to implement changes
• Act as a role model for the department, mentoring them on Steward and the correct practices
• Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
• Relocate to a new location if needed or travel to other sites required
• Perform other duties as assigned by Steward Management
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
• Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
• Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to follow direction.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
• Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize projects and daily workflow.
• Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats
• Ability to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
• Adhere to the department Mission statement and values
Education: 2 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
Experience: Two year experience in Customer Service, phone experience preferred, Healthcare IT preferred
Certification/Licensure: CompTIA A+, and/or CompTIA Network+ is preferred
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems: Windows 7, 10, and Mac OS X
• Advanced knowledge of Office 2010 -2016, Offcie365, Internet Explorer, Sharepoint
• Knowledge of Cisco SSL VPN, Secure ID, Microsoft System Center End Point protection
• Knowledge of wireless devices including but not limited to Android and iPhone
• Knowledge of HP/IKON printers
• Knowledge of repair of Intel based PC hardware
• Familiar with computer hardware including basic data communications networking equipment, hubs, routers, and cabling infrastructure
• General knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, and internetworking protocols: TCP/IP, netBEUI, Netbios, AppleTalk
Other: Ability to have a flexible schedule; cover any shift which can include occasional after hours and weekend hours
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9964