IS Senior Help Desk Analyst - 7:00am-3:30pm
The Senior IS Help Desk Analyst will report to the Manager of the IS Help Desk. Provide advanced technical support to end-users through the department's telephone support line, including software setup, configuration and troubleshooting. Provide second level support for other Steward IS teams as needed.
* Answer and record online calls coming into the 24/7 Help Desk
* Address issues as a second tier and take lead on more difficult issues
* Perform troubleshooting to end users for Steward Health Care and all its entities
* Utilize stored information and documentation to help resolve issues
* Utilize various communication methods including email and instant messaging applications
* Prioritize and escalate problems within given guidelines
* Triage calls to appropriate groups if call cannot be resolved
* Provide daily turnover reports
* Maintain proper shift coverage for answering calls
* Work with groups external to the Help Desk to ensure a timely and effective hand-off of triaged calls
* Participate in an on call rotation
* Act as a liaison between the Help Desk and other teams
* Point person for Help Desk working with the Supervisor helping to address issues
* Provide metrics to leadership about the Help Desk
* Train Help Desk analysts on process and procedures for Help Desk and other processes related to the business
* Identify areas of improvement and work with management to implement changes
* Act as a role model for the department, mentoring them on Steward and the correct practices
* Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
* Relocate to a new location if needed or travel to other sites required
* Perform other duties as assigned by Steward Management
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
* Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
* Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to follow direction.
* Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
* Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
* Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
* Ability to prioritize projects and daily workflow.
* Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats
* Ability to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
* Adhere to the department Mission statement and values
Education: 2 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
Experience: Two year experience in Customer Service, phone experience preferred, Healthcare IT preferred
Certification/Licensure: CompTIA A+, and/or CompTIA Network+ is preferred
* Knowledge of desktop operating systems: Windows 7, 10, and Mac OS X
* Advanced knowledge of Office 2010 -2016, Offcie365, Internet Explorer, Sharepoint
* Knowledge of Cisco SSL VPN, Secure ID, Microsoft System Center End Point protection
* Knowledge of wireless devices including but not limited to Android and iPhone
* Knowledge of HP/IKON printers
* Knowledge of repair of Intel based PC hardware
* Familiar with computer hardware including basic data communications networking equipment, hubs, routers, and cabling infrastructure
* General knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, and internetworking protocols: TCP/IP, netBEUI, Netbios, AppleTalk
Other: Ability to have a flexible schedule; cover any shift which can include occasional after hours and weekend hours
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100024257