Interoperability is quickly becoming one of the most critical areas in Healthcare IT. The importance of having continuous data flow in supporting the delivery of high quality patient care cannot be understated. A well-established foundation in Enterprise Integration is generally built around HL7, but nowadays this is only part of the story:
- A successful ACO looks to its integration team to deliver relevant information to key stakeholders to drive improvements in care quality, operational effectiveness, and risk management.
- Meaningful Use requirements are helping to drive forward the sharing of longitudinal patient records amongst providers in any setting.
- More and more healthcare professionals are looking to technology to provide true semantic interoperability of disparate healthcare systems.
All of these positive and challenging trends in healthcare require the Steward Integration Engineer to have mastery over development with a diverse toolset including: HL7 v2 & v3, clinical documents (CCD, CCR, C-CDA), IHE profiles, EMPI/MDM, and Web Services. In addition, Integration Engineers here at Steward are valued for their wide-ranging knowledge of the numerous applications used, the accompanying workflows, and a detailed understanding of how it all “fits together”. Along with interface development, architectural design, and general project guidance, the Steward Integration Engineer should be an expert at analysis and have the communication skills to deliver the highest quality support to our partners and customers.
Come join a growing team of Healthcare Integration experts and help us drive forward Steward’s vision of world class, community-based health care.
- Education: BA/BSMS in Computer Science, Health Mgmt. Information Systems or other 4-year technical degree.
- Experience (Type & Length): 3+ years of experience in integration design, development and analysis in healthcare setting utilizing HL7 standards and master data management tools.
- Certification/Licensure: Experience with an industry standard integration engine or ESM and related monitoring tools with a strong preference for Orion Rhapsody. Experience with EMPI such as IBM InfoSphere preferred. Experience with Meditech C/S a plus; experience with Meditech 5.6 or 60 preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13564