The Decision Services & Integration Team advances Steward's mission of providing world class healthcare in the community by delivering relevant information to key stakeholders to drive improvements in care quality, operational effectiveness, and risk management.
- Acts as lead integration analyst on projects of varying sizes:
o Analyzes technical specifications provided by software vendors
o Designs, builds, and fine tunes data selection, translation processes and data exchange of low to moderate complexity interfaces
o Works closely with integration programmers on more complex development efforts and support issues
o Assists with the development and delivery of necessary data sets and data mapping tables
o Ensures effective communication amongst involved parties during development, implementation and post-production to guarantee continual progress
o Provides accurate documentation for integration solutions and project tracking as well as training, deployment and support materials
- Actively monitors support ticketing system and consistently contributes time to resolving issues, whether minor or critical, in a timely manner:
o Participates in support triage rotation and adheres to response and resolution guidelines as outlined in service level agreement (SLA)
o Takes the appropriate course of action in order to remedy problems and issues identified
o Establish and maintain constant communication with clients during troubleshooting and resolution of reported issues
o Provides detailed and accurate descriptions of troubleshooting steps taken, client concerns, impacts of problems, possible solutions and associated risks, accepted solutions, and implementation of accepted solutions for all issues
- Participates in 24X7 on-call support monthly rotation.
- Contributes to maintenance of integration engine, monitoring utilities, and related systems in order to ensure consistent system integrity and uptime.
- Complies with HIPAA with regard to handling medical and financial confidential information
- Exceptional knowledge of HL7 structures (2.x required, 3.x preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with several application modules and associated HL7 message sets: Admissions (ADT), Laboratory (including Microbiology, Blood Bank, Pathology) orders/results (ORM, ORU), Radiology orders/results, Billing and Receiving (DFT), Pharmacy (RDE, ZFM), Medical Records, etc.
- Working knowledge of one or more integration engines or ESBs. Experience with Orion Rhapsody is preferred. Experience with IBM Websphere is a bonus.
- Experience with the IBM Infosphere MDM product is a plus.
- Some experience with one or more programming languages preferred.
- Experience with various communication technologies and interface protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, VPN, SOAP, etc.
- Familiarity with integration engine alerting and monitoring tools or enterprise monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Meditech 6.0 interfacing preferred. This includes familiarity with the MT Integration Manager, unique formatting of specific message types, NMI standard practices and processes.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to make recommendations which reflect the appropriate level of analysis and evaluation of options.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including analysis, preparation, and presentation of information.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to adapt and learn quickly.
- Must work well under stress and easily handle conflicting priority requests.
I. Education: BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Health Mgmt Information Systems, or other HC degree
II. Experience (Type & Length): 2+ years of experience in integration design and analysis in healthcare setting utilizing HL7 2.x/3.x.
III. Software/Hardware: Experience with an industry standard integration engine or ESB and related monitoring tools with a strong preference for Orion Rhapsody. Experience with Meditech C/S a plus; experience with Meditech 6.0 or 6.1 preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6824