The role of the Insurance Verifier is to provide exceptional care to patients and customers while offering clinical support to healthcare providers. The Insurance Verifier works with patients to obtain proper insurance authorization and sees that their needs and expectations are met. Insurance Verifiers are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast-paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Meets individually with all patients to determine insurance benefits
- Reviews criteria required for pre-authorization of surgery
- Collects and submits all required information to insurance carriers and follow-ups to ensure receipt and approval
- Schedules surgeries and pre-op appointments with patients and follows patient until all accounts receivables are in for surgery
- Serves as a resource to patients and their families who are receiving care as part of the treatment plan
- Assists with front and back office duties as required
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
*Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- Three or more years’ experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- One or more years of demonstrated insurance pre-authorization experience
- Demonstrated experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.