The HIM Acute Inpatient Coder shall support the Central or West Division. The Inpatient Acute Care Coder shall review hospital inpatient medical documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes. The specialist will perform coding across multiple locations.
- Minimum 1 year of Acute Inpatient hospital coding required, 3 years preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of CCs/MCCs, impact on quality reporting, UHDDS guidelines, HACs and PSIs
- Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Education: RHIT or RHIA preferred
- Experience: 1 year of Acute Inpatient Coding Experience
- Certification/Licensure: CCS Certification
- Software/Hardware: 3M experienced required
Other: Remote position, but must report to the Richardson, Texas office as needed (onboarding, training, department meetings, etc).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13755