Human Resources Coordinator
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Human Resources Coordinator serves as the primary interface between Human Resources and newly hired employees, providing the highest levels of customer service. The Coordinator collaborates with employees, managers and the HR team, providing feedback to and linkage with all functional components of Human Resources.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
• Responsible for onboarding all new hires and escalating any concerns regarding lack of responsiveness immediately to the applicable Talent Acquisition Specialist
• Ensures all new hires are onboarded timely and cleared for their start date
• Composes and analyzes reports for the HR department and management throughout SMG
• Works with HRIS and Careers Help to ensure appropriate access for new managers/directors
• First point of contact for benefit questions from employees and managers
• Verifies and processes all invoices from vendors for the HR team
• Advises staff on questions surrounding HR policies, processes and practices
• Monitors FMLA status of employees; works with managers to ensure LOA’s are in an approved status and maintain HRIS to reflect the appropriate status
• Provides the highest standards of customer service to those within and outside of Steward
• Troubleshoots and researches to resolve HR related issues prior to escalating in a professional, service-oriented manner
• Completes all unemployment claims in a timely manner
• Conducts new hire orientation on a rotating basis
• Continually upgrades HR technical expertise and consultative skills
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills required
• Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Intermediate experience with Excel required
I. Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
II. Experience: 1-2 years of HR experience required
III. Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite required, Kronos preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
1. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
2. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
3. A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Car