Front Office Coordinator
The Front Office Coordinator, under the general direction of the Practice Manager or Practice Administrator, is responsible for greeting patients and visitors, maintaining appropriate patient flow, answering phones in a timely manner, scheduling appointments, and providing exceptional customer services.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant / Medical Office Specialist program preferred
- One-year experience in a medical office setting highly preferred.
- Greets and assists all patients and visitors upon arrival in the clinic.
- Initiates and facilitates patient and visitor flow within the clinic.
- Collects demographic, insurance, and medical information from patient. Ensures all appropriate patient forms are complete and accurate.
- Accurately schedules follow-up appointments as needed.
- Answer incoming calls in a timely and professional manner. Route calls and takes messages as appropriate.
- Organize and scans incoming patient medical records information into correct patient EMR.
- Assists with arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments prescribed by the physician during the patient examination
- Assist with billing, accounting, and collections, including ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Sorts and routes incoming mail and faxes.
- Follows through with the patient or their physician offices on outstanding documentation needed to finalize the patient’s chart.
- Implements directions from the physicians and nursing staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.