Front Office Coordinator
Under the General Direction of the Practice Administrator, the Front Office Coordinator works directly with the Practice Manager in coordinating office personnel and other activities in the work areas in order to provide an efficient operation and to enable the facility to provide the best quality patient care. The Front Office Coordinator is also responsible for patient flow, scheduling, collection of demographics, check-out, and assists with arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments prescribed by the physician during the patient examination. Assists with administrative duties as assigned by the Practice Manager and Physicians. Meets the communication needs of the patient/family and medical and office staff. Keeps the flow of communication moving throughout the office. Implements directions from the physicians and nursing staff. Follows through with the patient or their physician offices on outstanding documentation needed to finalize the patient’s chart.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge, good word processing skills
- CPT & IDC9 coding abilities preferred.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and balance multiple deadlines.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant / Medical Office Specialist program preferred
- One year experience in a medical office setting highly preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Employee Benefits include but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Other Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (k)
- Educational Assistance
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.