Front Office Assistant
The Front Office Coordinator, under the general direction of the Practice Manager or Practice Administrator, is responsible for greeting patients and visitors, maintaining appropriate patient flow, answering phones in a timely manner, scheduling appointments, and providing exceptional customer services.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant / Medical Office Specialist program preferred
- One-year experience in a medical office setting highly preferred.
- Greets and assists all patients and visitors upon arrival in the clinic.
- Initiates and facilitates patient and visitor flow within the clinic.
- Collects demographic, insurance, and medical information from patient. Ensures all appropriate patient forms are complete and accurate.
- Accurately schedules follow-up appointments as needed.
- Answer incoming calls in a timely and professional manner. Route calls and takes messages as appropriate.
- Organize and scans incoming patient medical records information into correct patient EMR.
- Assists with arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments prescribed by the physician during the patient examination
- Assist with billing, accounting, and collections, including ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Sorts and routes incoming mail and faxes.
- Follows through with the patient or their physician offices on outstanding documentation needed to finalize the patient’s chart.
- Implements directions from the physicians and nursing staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools
Must be willing to float to other locations
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.