Front Office Assistant (Mesa, AZ)
The Front Office Assistant summary of duties included but are not limited to: coordinating practice inquiries, scheduling appointments, answers telephone, greets patients, and prepares patient charts for new and existing patients, performing reception duties to maintain correct patient information, coordinates authorizations for care and insures proper chart is pulled for provider/physician, assisting with the insurance verification and treatment authorization processes, and performing patient discharge duties to include collection of co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles from current or previous visits.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year medical/physician office experience preferred
- Take phones off call forwarding/answering service as needed. Obtains any messages left for the physician/provider and delivers to appropriate individual.
- Places phone on call forwarding during lunch as approved by the Practice Administrator or physician on duty. Urgent calls are forwarded to back lines or physician pager. Ensures the phone is forwarded to answering service at close of business each day. Notifies service of changes to call coverages.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Take messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Prepare charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients. Pull charts and review for messages.
- Verifies patient billing information to include: Responsible party, current address, telephone number, insurance carrier, etc. Copies insurance cards completely.
- Generates/prepares charge tickets for patients scheduled or added on.
- Files all patient related information accurately and timely.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Assists with taking patients back to exam room as requested. Documents pertinent information in the chart for current condition/complaint.
- Keeps track of office supplies and orders as needed.
- Collect co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, etc. or past due balances.
- Balances cash received at the end of each day and reports as directed. Checks, summarizes, and totals all charge tickets at end of each day. Posts charges and payments on the day of service as time permits. Puts patient sign in sheet and charge tickets into an envelope and takes to Billing/Collections clerk for processing.
- Assists with other clerical or back office functions as needed as requested.
- Provides training or assistance to new staff members as directed by Practice Administrator.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools
Must be willing to float to other locations
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.