Financial Business Analyst
Steward Health Care System, headquartered in Boston, MA, is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network that is comprised of 9 hospitals and more than 20 outpatient facilities. Steward Health Care System employs more than 15,000 people and serves more than 1 million patients annually throughout 85 communities.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is a multi-specialty group practice that employs over 650 physician and non-physician providers. SMG operates approximately 120 practice locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts and our group works alongside all of the availably system resources.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Finance and Finance Project Manager, the Business Analyst is responsible for creating, analyzing and maintaining multiple practice and provider financial statements to support SMG’s strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Budget Analyst is a key member of SMG’s corporate team, and is a significant contributor to achieving all of its financial performance goals.
· Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
· Work independently with minimal supervision.
· Communicate consistently, professionally and clearly.
· Partner with practice directors and senior leadership to create annual operating budgets.
· Responsible for ownership of multiple hospital markets.
· Partner with practice directors and senior leadership to analyze budget variances on a monthly basis.
· Work together with practice directors to develop and publish both financial and operational dashboards, productivity and efficiency reports.
· Understand market activity in addition to budget variances.
· Respond timely to emails and phone messages within a 24 hour period.
· Utilize information to help develop financial models for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
· Use tact, sensitivity and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with the leadership team, physicians, co-workers and others.
· Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Maintain confidentiality of restricted records and communications.
· Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
· Perform other duties as required for this job.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, information systems, or business management or equivalent amount of education and experience.
· 3 or more years work experience, healthcare experience preferred but not required.
· Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and communication skills.
· Experience in working with and analyzing budget variances.
· Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience a plus.
· Advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Other Microsoft application experience is a plus.
· Experience with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor, Meditech financial modules or Athena not required, but very helpful.
· Limited exposure to physical effort or physical risk is required. Work is normally performed in typical interior/office work environment.