Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis the Financial Analyst is responsible for creating, analyzing, and maintaining multiple practice financial statements to support SMG's strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Financial Analyst is a key partner to the operations team and is a significant contributor to achieving all its financial performance goals.
- Own financials for multiple specialty-aligned business units; be the subject-matter expert on business unit activity.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
- Participate in monthly financial performance review with senior leadership and practice directors; possess clear and effective written and oral communication skills
- Develop financial models for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
- Drive productivity and efficiency through collaboration with operational leaders to develop and publish financial and operational dashboards.
- Partner with operational leaders to create annual operating budgets, exercise critical thinking in identifying variances to plan and determining solutions to those variances.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience and be a proactive business partner.
- Assist in monthly financial close; calculate revenue and expense accruals and prepare journal entries for general ledger maintenance.
- Possess strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Use tact, sensitivity, and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with leadership, physicians, and peers.
- Commitment to providing the highest quality of work with compassion and respect.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and projects as required for this job.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, information systems, or business management.
- 1-3 years' experience in Accounting or FP&A, healthcare experience highly desired, but not required.
- Experience in analyzing budget and forecast variances.
- Experience with financial systems such as Axiom, Meditech and/or Lawson financial modules, and/or Athena EMR preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills are required.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and accounting best practices; modeling experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with PowerPoint preferred.
- Confidentiality is required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.