Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis the Financial Analyst is responsible for creating, analyzing, and maintaining multiple practice financial statements to support SMG's strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Financial Analyst is a key partner to the operations team and is a significant contributor to achieving all its financial performance goals.
- Own financials for multiple specialty-aligned business units; be the subject-matter expert on business unit activity.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
- Participate in monthly financial performance review with senior leadership and practice directors; possess clear and effective written and oral communication skills
- Develop financial models for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
- Drive productivity and efficiency through collaboration with operational leaders to develop and publish financial and operational dashboards.
- Partner with operational leaders to create annual operating budgets, exercise critical thinking in identifying variances to plan and determining solutions to those variances.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience and be a proactive business partner.
- Assist in monthly financial close; calculate revenue and expense accruals and prepare journal entries for general ledger maintenance.
- Possess strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Use tact, sensitivity, and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with leadership, physicians, and peers.
- Commitment to providing the highest quality of work with compassion and respect.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and projects as required for this job.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, information systems, or business management.
- 1-3 years' experience in Accounting or FP&A, healthcare experience highly desired, but not required.
- Experience in analyzing budget and forecast variances.
- Experience with financial systems such as Axiom, Meditech and/or Lawson financial modules, and/or Athena EMR preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills are required.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and accounting best practices; modeling experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with PowerPoint preferred.
- Confidentiality is required.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.