Responsible for preparing financial analyses for various matters involving net revenue, contractual allowances,
third party liabilities, compliance issues, Medicare DSH, Medicare IME & GME, and other relevant topics. Position
will also provide assistance with the preparation of regulatory submissions to both state and federal agencies,
such as Medicare and 403 cost reports, UCCR's, Medicare IRIS submissions, health safety net pool, CHIA quarterly
reporting, wage index, S-10 Filing, and other relevant filings. Will work with the Director of Reimbursement to
prepare and validate the monthly net revenue calculation and also provide assistance with financial modeling
during the annual budget. In addition, this position will further support the Med Assets payment system as directed
by the Manager of Revenue Analysis.
• Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
• Assembles supporting documentation and loads information for the compilation of the annual regulatory cost reports. This includes a working knowledge of the reimbursement strategies related to these filings.
• Prepares analyses for various departmental proposals.
• Prepares analyses for the calculation of net revenue for the annual budget.
• Responsible with the Director of Reimbursement to serve as a representative during audits by third party payors and governmental agencies.
• Prepares analyses for the calculation of contractual losses and third party liabilities for monthly and annual financial statement preparation.
• Assist the Director of Reimbursement in improving net revenue modeling.
• Assist the Director of Reimbursement in identifying compliance issues to insure that we are abiding by both internal policies and policies established by both state and federal agencies.
• Assist the Director of Reimbursement with completing all surveys.
• Maintains files and supporting documentation related to all completed projects.
• Interacts with division directors, department heads, third party representatives, and independent auditors. It is extremely important that a good working relationship be maintained with all of these parties.
• Other ad-hoc projects and activities as deemed necessary.
Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all data and information.
Accountable for abiding by all relevant policies and procedures.
Accountable for accuracy of all completed analyses.
Bachelor's degree in either a business or financial related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
One to two years of healthcare financial experience preferably in a hospital or consulting firm but not mandatory
Knowledge of the healthcare regulatory environment and general accounting is preferable
Must have the interpersonal skills necessary to deal with people at all levels, both inside and
outside the system.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Must be organized and have the ability to keep track of large volumes of data.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15952