Financial Analyst II
Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Analyst is responsible for creating, analyzing, and maintaining multiple practice financial statements to support SMG's strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Financial Analyst is a key partner to the operations team and is a significant contributor to achieving all its financial performance goals.
- Own financials for multiple specialty-aligned business units; subject-matter expert on business unit activity.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
- Participate in monthly financial performance review with senior leadership and practice directors; possess clear and effective written and oral communication skills
- Partner with operational leaders to create annual operating budgets, exercise critical thinking in identifying variances to plan and determining solutions to those variances.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience and be a proactive business partner.
- Assist in monthly financial close; calculate revenue and expense accruals and prepare journal entries for general ledger maintenance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management, Science, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- 1-3 years' experience in Accounting or FP&A, healthcare experience highly desired.
- Experience in analyzing budgets, financial reporting, and forecast variances.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience a plus.
Salary Range: $58-68k
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.