Executive Director, Financial Clearance
This Executive Director position is responsible for providing leadership and overseeing key operational and financial decisions pertaining to management of system-wide Financial Clearance Center. The position serves as the FCC leader for the system to internal and external organizations, including government agencies, payor organizations, external auditors, and business partners. The FCC Director is expected to provide guidance to staff for maintaining compassion and respect to patients and standards for financial clearance and counseling processes. Functional areas that report to this position include pre-registration, financial clearance, and financial counseling. Successful oversight will result in increased net revenues by reducing bad debt from potential write-offs due to lack of patient collections and denials. Interactions will primarily be conducted with both patients & payors and results of efforts will drive actions to secure payment for scheduled and unscheduled patients.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) with emphasis in Business Administration and/or Healthcare, required. Master's Degree with emphasis in Business Administration and/or Healthcare preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in healthcare Revenue Cycle setting (i.e. registration, financial clearance, billing, etc) with at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Comfort with data entry within Revenue Cycle software, patient management systems and Windows based applications preferred. Strong competency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong experience with patient accounting system and strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications and the Internet. Demonstrates a detailed working knowledge of Patient Access procedures and healthcare reimbursement to include familiarity with various payor mixes.
- Ability to establish personal and professional credibility with Steward Health's Executive Director of Payor/Physician Interaction, overall executive team, and revenue cycle leadership and staff throughout the System.
- A thorough knowledge of the full revenue cycle across the organization with the confidence to challenge the status quo to improve organizational effectiveness and service to customers.
- Ability to craft a vision, align others to that vision and motivate them to achieve it. The capacity to balance the big picture, strategic perspective with attention to the details of operations.
- An enthusiastic coach and leader with demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor, train and develop management team and staff, and monitor performance.
- Clear understanding of regulatory requirements to ensure that all revenue cycle operations are compliant.
- Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality.
- The ability to passionately model the basic values of the philosophy, mission and vision of Steward Health.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clearly articulate goals and expectations across the organization.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment. The ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15525