- Schedules meetings and makes necessary arrangements, including room bookings, food service, materials distribution, notification, confirmation, and any travel arrangements that are needed.
- Drafts routine and complex correspondence, memos and/or reports as needed.
- Submits and tracks invoices for vendor payments.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; assisting in the implementation of production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Liaison and/or resource for all newly hire clinicians with completion of appropriate facility onboarding
- Responsible for reconciliation of all Heart Failure records as received, inclusive of matching with schedule, documentation review and signature.
- Monthly reporting of all billing slips submitted to 3rd party vendor for processing
- Processes expense reimbursements for the department
- Provides primary fiscal management of all patient insurance and insurance referral data. The principle focus is to ensure that all pending services have appropriate insurance coverage and is reimbursable.
- Review and respond to all insurance rejection and/or claim denial reports and professional billing agencies. Initial review will be made in collaboration with management.
- Responsible for follow through of the recommendations made and achieving denial recovery of those charges. All responsive documentation is to be retained and filed for continual monitoring and follow up
- Liaise with project stakeholders and all levels of management on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares data for presentations as needed.
- Coordinates and attends meetings as requested; prepares materials, coordinates logistics and may take minutes.
- Maintains department supplies and places orders when appropriate.
- Responsible for office items such as, files, important phone numbers, office keys, practice locations list, etc.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all reports, correspondence, materials, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant preferred.
- 2-3 years of medical billing experience strongly preferred
- Cardiovascular Medicine experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of computer software including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Windows preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office with emphasis on Excel skills for data management and reporting
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, take initiative, anticipate Executive needs and respond appropriately
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and assume responsibility without direct supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.