Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Steward Medical Group is seeking an experienced and professional Executive Assistant / Office Manager to support our leadership team on site at our Watertown office. This role will directly support the Director of Primary Care & Network Development, Vice President of Finance and Vice President of Practice Management. The position is a fast-paced role that serves as a key member and resource for our large team of highly motivated leaders who are working throughout our medical group practices nationally. The ideal candidate will be very detail oriented, has experience managing multiple executives’ calendars, has excellent multitasking skills, is flexible to changing priorities, and has a friendly, outgoing, professional demeanor.
- Arrange on- and off-site meetings, events, appointments & travel for departmental leadership with supporting materials as needed.
- Manages calendars and travel plans for multiple executives, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Drafts routine and complex correspondence, memos and/or reports as needed.
- Performing minor accounting duties, such as submitting and tracking invoices for vendor payments.
- Responsible for day-to-day office management tasks in Watertown office
- Assist with contract administration as needed including obtaining signatures, scanning and electronic filing.
- Independently perform special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative needs and technical operations.
- Complete accurate and detailed leadership department expense reporting and other departmental reports.
- Liaise with project stakeholders and all levels of management on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates and attends meetings as requested; prepares materials, coordinates logistics and may take minutes.
- Prepares data for presentations as needed.
- Inventory management for department supplies
- Responsible for office items such as, files, important phone numbers, office keys, practice locations list, etc.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all reports, correspondence, materials, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be an exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
- Proficient in MS Office with emphasis on organization skills in Microsoft Outlook to support Executive team
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, take initiative, anticipate Executive needs and respond appropriately
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and assume responsibility without direct supervision
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience as an Office Manager preferred.
- Experience in healthcare preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.