eICU Center Healthcare Assistant - 7:00pm-7:30am
Performs a variety of both complex and routine clinical, clerical and support duties. Coordinates with clinical team members as appropriate in facilitating the treatment of patients.
Assists in the management of patient information in the eICU Center:
· Verifies patient census and staff assignments at beginning of shift.
· Retrieves patient data from hospital's system and enters it in the eCareManager application.
· Reports "stat results" or "abnormal labs" to MD/RN in a timely manner.
· Data entry and retrieval is accurate and timely.
· Enters new admissions within 10 minutes of notification.
· Enters nursing flowsheet data within 2 hours of receipt (if necessary).
Answers the phone and directs calls in the eICU Center.
Types, copies, faxes.
Maintains a variety of databases, spreadsheet and project assignments.
Updates ICU knowledge as appropriate.
Participates in staff meetings.
Demonstrates positive customer relations skills as evidenced by the following:
· Exhibits communication skills that facilitate interchange between health care workers to provide quality patient care/outcomes.
· Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with eICU Center and unit personnel.
· Professional phone etiquette.
· Follows through with issues in a timely fashion.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and interest in response to requests and calls to the eICU Center.
Reports clinical, administrative or technical problems (using a defined reporting process) that result in medical errors, unsafe care of sub optimal communication between eICU center and ICU health care professionals.
Maintains patient confidentiality.
Reports unauthorized personnel to Security Administration.
Reports security breaches to Security Administration.
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Two years experience as nursing assistant or clerical staff in a medical environment.
· Two years experience in a medical setting.
· Successful completion of a medical terminology course.
· Familiarity with medical terminology and laboratory data.
· Proficiency with Windows based computer operations.
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
Job Reference #: 100024370