EHR Clinical Optimization Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Works collaboratively with all users to identify and redesign areas for improvement in EHR and PM process and workflow.
2. Provide ongoing development, implementation and maintenance of the EHR content to meet clinical documentation needs.
3. Monitor workflow and evaluate results to ensure that practice and EHR objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the EHR dept and the overall organization.
4. Plan, develop and provide training and staff development programs.
5. Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
6. Monitor EHR clinical tasks in the Clinical Inbox and Workflow Dashboard and communicate areas of concern.
7. Assist end users by performing clinical tasks in the Clinical Inbox and Workflow Dashboard.
8. Assist with the education, training and reporting on all Quality Management programs
9. Stay current with changes in CMS regulations and documentation requirements.
10. Attend and participate in leadership meetings when invited.
11. Participate in education/training programs pertinent to the job. Attend staff meetings and in service education programs as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates degree in Health Informatics or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience working in healthcare setting with knowledge of clinical workflows, quality initiative programs and/or process improvement
- Experience training and supporting an electronic health record
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written, oral, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and workflows
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Understanding of healthcare and physician operations
- Strong background in project management principles
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing industry and apply it to business needs, developing and delivering projects
- Ability to present and discuss information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
- Manage multiple small to large projects in a multi-specialty environment
- Problem solver; able to troubleshoot user needs and interface workflow issues
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations, as they become necessary
- Must be aware of safety standards as stated by OSHA and understand all patient privacy issues as mandated by HIPPA.