Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of a cardiologist, performs and initially interprets Cardiac Echo Studies including Two-Dimensional Echo, Doppler, Contrast Studies, Trans-Esophageal, and Stress Echo. Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians, peers, technologist, and other health care professionals.
• Performs routine and transesopageal echocardiograms of high quality on newborn, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. (TEE – adult and geriatric only).
• Obtains pertinent clinical information and documents such on appropriate forms for physician review.
• Keeps equipment clean and in good working order. Assures an adequate amount of supplies are available.
• Coordinates scheduling of patients with nursing units and outside physician practices. Schedules to provide an efficient and expedient performance of testing.
• Accurately documents tests in log book, appointment book, and computer scheduling system.
• Enters charges appropriately into hospital information system and documents recording physician according to established protocol.
• Maintains files and tape storage. Mails or faxes reports, as required.
• Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
• Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship and rapport with cardiologists.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Qualifications: Graduate of an approved program in Echocardiography. Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certification Preferred. Pediatric experience preferred. Candidates with on-the-job training and proven, documented competency may be considered.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 54373