Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates, in response to growth, seeks an enthusiastic, professional CARDIAC ECHO TECH to perform and initially interpret Cardiac Echo Studies including Two-Dimensional Echo, Doppler, and Contrast Studies. The successful candidate for this newly created position will:
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
- Prepare patients for Echo.
- Maintain safe and clean environment for patients and staff.
- Maintain monthly statistics.
- Communicate with cardiologists, primary care physicians and other Steward Medical Group departments to facilitate delivery of services.
- Provide referring physician with preliminary interpretation and delivers all study results to physician for formal interpretation.
- Supports medical practice initiatives for performance improvement.
- Maintains daily activities log.
- Uses and maintains all cardiac ultrasound equipment.
- Informs physicians of abnormal study results which may require immediate response (under direction of cardiologists).
- Files and sends Echocardiogram reports to proper patient records and referring physicians. When necessary telephones results to physicians.
- Takes necessary steps to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Five (5) or more years working experience performing Echocardiograms preferred
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonogrpaher is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including customer service skills.
- Ability to operate equipment and provide accurate preliminary interpretation of test results.
- Ability to maintain the safety, integrity and comfort of the patients at all times.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.