Director, Strategic Sourcing - Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management
Under the direction of the VP Supply Chain, leads complex, multi-year, system-wide strategic sourcing/consolidation initiatives designed to increase the quality of supply chain services provided to the system while reducing total cost of goods and services. Optimizes $1.5B contract portfolio (clinical/non clinical supplies, equipment and services) for hospitals, physician practices, corporate, and other entities. Identifies contract opportunities, utilization/compliance improvements, spend impact, and standardization opportunities through data mining, enterprise teams, and requests from facilities and contract analysts. Generates and monitors forecast of expiring contracts and ensures assigned contract analysts are proactively planning and completing renewals/conversions. Responsible for bidding and negotiating contracts for assigned area with oversight from VP Supply Chain.
Is also responsible for all aspects of purchasing including: procurement of medical and non-medical supplies and equipment while ensuring items purchased meet GPO compliance. The Buyer follows up on back orders, researches and resolves invoice discrepancies. In addition, will participate in cost saving initiatives as defined by VP Supply Chain. Will make purchasing decisions based on contracts, local agreements and needs of customers. In cooperation with clinical departments chooses products based on quality, cost and delivery. The Buyer defines and maintains items in the item master file and is responsible to confirm pricing and maintains accurate pricing files. The Buyer works closely with the Inventory Control Coordinator, Distribution Clerks, Receiving/Warehouse Clerk and the Director of the Materials Management to achieve departmental goals.
Subject matter expert for value analysis committees meetings. Manages relationships with vendors. Hires, trains, manages and monitors team of 5-8 contract analysts, 5-8 buyers, 1 strategic sourcing manager, and 1 buyer manager. Other duties as assigned by VP Supply Chain.
* Develops, implements and monitors an annual comprehensive business plan that progressively enhances the strategies, talent, processes and technology of Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing.
* Collaborates with senior leadership to define, implement and track annual sourcing plan that results in $30-40M in annual savings. Identifies and prioritizes opportunities via spend analysis, contract expiration forecast, future budgets and business planning sessions with stakeholders.
* Will work to define and track off-contract purchases with feedback loop to support additional contracting efforts.
* Obtains price files and fully executed contracts with information required by VP Supply Chain including but not limited to appropriate terms and conditions that ensure adherence and compliance to all contractual, financial, Iocal and regulatory specifications or requirements.
* Inputs data into and maintains contract management system. Facilitates price uploads in Meditech.
* Uploads contract related documents including but not limited to fully executed contracts, price files, spend impact analysis, etc documents into contract management system and spend analytic systems.
* Trains, monitors, coaches, evaluates and holds both contract analysts and buyers accountable for all contract related activities including but not limited to generating contract expiration forecasts, running spend landscapes, proactively renewing or terminating contracts, accurately loading all data and files into contract management system per department standards, ensuring contracts are operationalized in procurement system and field, managing vendor relationships, and mediating disputes. Develops and maintains policies, procedures and KPIs.
* Interfaces with GPO staff to evaluate GPO offerings and integrates them into portfolio as warranted.
* Audits and monitors current vendor performance as well as the contract or programs overall effectiveness.
* Audits contracts to ensure compliance. Takes corrective action as necessary.
* Works with Value Analysis director and teams to standardize product offerings.
* Servers as example to others in the department as a project manager for assigned initiatives including project schedule, minutes, agendas, action item lists and follow-up.
* Reviews contracts for legal/business terms, facilitates through legal, and follows signature authority rules.
* Coordinates with Logistics and local material managers to ensure timely order and fulfillment of necessary supplies.
Expense Management Projects:
* Identifies opportunities for standardization and cost reduction via analyzing purchase history, industry benchmarks, contract compliance data and utilization information
* In conjunction with Value Analysis, interviews users, physicians and peers to identify possible standardizations and cost reduction opportunities. Benchmarks practices and utilization against others to identify improvement opportunities.
* Measures and tracks the financial results of standardization and cost-reduction efforts.
* Knowledgeable about products, equipment and services used in assigned areas of responsibility: what is available, what is needed, how they are used, who uses them and why they are used.
* Conducts periodic business reviews with major vendors. Identifies and implements strategic alliances when advantageous per business plan and direction of VP Supply Chain.
* Resolves vendor representative issues as needed.
* Manages the Purchasing Manager to lead a team of Supply Chain professionals to conduct Requisition and PO processing, issue resolution, management reporting and process improvement
* With the Purchasing Manager, acts as the process owner for the Requisition to Purchase Order and Inventory Order Management processes system-wide; identify and drive continuous process improvement efforts.
* Coordinates contracting and purchasing around operational efficiencies with vendor community to streamline ordering processes
* Other duties as assigned by VP Supply Chain including but not limited to large contracting, purchasing, IT, and change management projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
* Extremely strong leadership, motivational, organizational, project management, communication, analytical, Excel and customer services skills.
* Outgoing and upbeat attitude that embraces process improvement and change management activities.
* Ability to drive large projects and assignments to completion with minimal supervision
* BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, or related field required. MBA a plus.
* 8+ years of relevant job experience required in a supervisory office management or Health Care/Hospital Environment
* Substantial experience in a healthcare setting and with a contracts management and purchasing systems required.
* At least one of the following: 300+ bed hospital materials management, Cath/EP/OR operations, IT/data analytics, logistics, centralized purchasing, centralized accounts payable.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 55051